- 08-Mar-2017 to 07-Sep-2017 (CST)
- St. Paul, MN, USA
- Contract/Full Time
W2 Salary, Health and Dental, 401K Match, Paid PTO
MARCOMM Inc. is seeking a Marketing Reporting Analyst to support the design and construction of marketing performance operational reports utilizing supported data reporting & visualization software (Microsoft Power BI).
- Analysis and synthesis of reporting requirements from user needs
- Design and development of sustainable data model(s) to support the reporting requirements
- Maintenance and support of operational reports
- Ad hoc data analysis to troubleshoot and validate data issues
- Development of Microsoft Power BI dashboards and dashboard templates
Desired experience and skills:
- Experience with database software.
- Working knowledge of database software to find records, sort, review, edit, and other functions. Knowledge of reporting methods in a database.
- Ability to represent and translate the business value of the functions and features of the software.
- Adept at writing queries and reports using available tools; copying or transforming data into multiple formats for further analysis, processing, or visualization.
- Familiarity with data integrity concepts.
- Understanding of definitions, program guidelines, and sources of data with emphasis on digital marketing data sources. Knowledge of data validation/testing procedures.
- Proficiency with managing Accounts and Files.
- Methods to inventory and store records efficiently.
- Tracking of online accounts and helping others to keep track of their accounts, usernames and passwords. Expert knowledge of organizing files and folders on a computer or network.
- Working knowledge of data APIs methods and procedures.
- Familiarity with major 3rd-party digital marketing vendor API methods.
- Experience with ETL Processes.
- Expertise with database design and planning.
- Understanding database design concepts (table structure; one-to-many relationships).
- Understanding the benefits and limits of various types of databases.
- Ability to understand and apply relevance of data modeling layers (application, semantic, object syntax).
- Experience in the Microsoft technology stack (SQL Server, Office365 applications)
- Proven Power BI development experience with desktop and Pro versions. Familiarity with DirectQuery functionality within Power BI.
- Familiarity with data visualization best practices.
- Knowledge and ability to distill KPIs from metrics.
Previous experience in one or more digital marketing job functions:
- Executing programs/tactics handling inquiries of narrow scope and complexity managing simple projects measuring and analyzing results.
- In this role you may direct and monitor activities of marketing executing programs/tactics, handling inquiries of broad scope and complexity, managing complex projects and measuring, analyzing and providing insight to results.
- Demonstrates and applies an advanced level of knowledge of marketing and marketing processes and a significant level of business acumen.
- Able to identify and recommend new processes/technologies and better ways to get things done.
- Reports to supervisor/manager on key milestones and critical business initiatives.
- Manage requests from the sales force, channel partners and customers, gather, assemble, analyze and add insight to secondary industry/market information, prepare market, customer, competitor or other standard reports along with the associated recommendations.
- Initiates actions to design, develop and implement new or improved processes, including recommendations f or resolving problems.
MARCOMM Inc. is headquartered in the Minneapolis. The types of Marketing, Interactive, Tech. and Creative jobs we offer are dynamic, fun and always fast paced. Our employment package is "best-in-class" because we're committed to hiring the brightest, most qualified talent available. Learn more at: www.marcommdept.com